Free People "In the Kitchen with Lael Cakes"

Jana, from Free People came to our studio to chat cake and love. Read the full feature on their blog to get to know me a little bit better as I fill you in on my story and hand out a few decorating tips. 



As soon as I saw the cake Emily had made for us, it all started to make sense. Beautiful home, beautiful cake, beautiful girl… her world is sweet, and it was so fun to get a taste of it that day.




She specializes in vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free cakes that incorporate fresh and local flavors. As soon as I had the pleasure of taste-testing one of her cakes, the thought and innovation that goes into her recipes was apparent.





Her custom orders leave her busy on the decorating front, and I got to witness her art form first-hand. Layer by layer, I watched Emily decorate a naked cake and transform it into an edible masterpiece.




 After being influenced by bakers in her family, Emily realized that it was possible to make a career out of doing what she loves, and thus, Lael Cakes was born.